That Speech Lady: About Me
Hello and welcome to 'That Speech Lady'. My name is Lauren Wright and I have been a Children's Speech and Language Therapist since 2009.
I graduated with a Bachelor of Science Honours in Speech and Language Therapy at Birmingham City University in 2009. I have worked in Hertfordshire, Surrey and West Sussex since becoming a therapist and I have thoroughly enjoyed working with children, young people and their families.
I have extensive experience of working with children aged 2-18 years old. Throughout my time as a Speech and Language Therapist I have always worked in primary and secondary schools, however I also have worked a range of other settings such as:
- Community clinics
- Schools for students with special needs
- Specialist Centres and Units including a Speech and Language Centre, Visual Impairment Centre, Pupil Referral Unit and Post 16 Centre.
I have a special interest in working with children and young people who stammer and I have attended the following training courses at the Michael Palin Centre, Specialist Centre for children who stammer:
- One Day Introduction to Working with Children who Stammer
- Palin Parent Child Interaction (Palin PCI)
- Primary School Children Who Stammer: Realising Their Potential
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Every therapist has unique skills, experiences and training. It is important that you find the right therapist for you and your family. I'd love to hear from you so please do not hesitate to get in touch.
I have a cat called Bailey who has her own YouTube Channel called 'That Bailey Cat'.